Hello, my name is Jacqueline. I am a junior at Ithaca College double-majoring in Communication Management and Design (B.S.) and Sociology (B.A.). While I eventually want to enter the Mental Health Field through Mental Health Counseling, I strive to use my education to produce meaningful media that will impact positive social change.
Involvement at School:
- I serve as the vice-president of Ithaca College's Chapter of Habitat for Humanity where I get the opportunity to plan large fundraising events, create media on our website, maintain our YouTube Channel, and travel both locally and nationally to build homes and attend leadership conferences (see "Habitat for Humanity" in my photo galleries)
- I am a member of the Urban Mentorship Initiative at Ithaca College, where we work with students from Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, visit with them twice a semester, and communicate on a weekly basis. I produced a promotional video for the program, which can be found here
- I am a proud member of Active Minds: an organization that works to raise awareness of mental health issues. This November I traveled to Maryland for the National Campus Chapter Conference, here are some of our campus members in Maryland
Most Recent Jobs:
- This Fall I worked at BorgWarner Morse TEC in Ithaca and a Human Resources intern, where I used Photoshop to create various promotions within the company, and updated their co-op website in a new format using Sharepoint
- In summer of 2011 and various weekend in the fall, I worked in the High Peaks Information Center at the Adirondack Mountain Club in Lake Placid, NY. Here I provided trail information, backcountry education, and produced educational videos on the principles of Leave No Trace
Thank you for viewing my page!